Awnings and outdoor blinds are an investment that you have made for your home or rental property, and should be looked after accordingly. Because they are outside of the home and susceptible to the elements, they will need to be cleaned regularly to keep them looking great and functioning properly.
With all of the dust, dirt, grime, insects and water that can creep into joins and fabrics, getting out there once a week and giving them a clean is the best that that you can do for their longevity.
Here are a few simple tips to keep your awnings in great shape
- Brush both sides of the awnings regularly with a soft bristled brush.
- Make sure that any pest droppings, sand, dust dirt and debris is removed as soon as possible. These can cause discolouration of the fabric, along with stiffening of the joints.
- Do not use any harsh scrubbing, or tough bristles, as this will damage the fabric.
- For any stubborn bird or pest droppings, gently moisten with a warm, wet sponge, leaving the area to soak
- before spraying with a hose. Make sure you do not scrub these marks.
- Try not to clean during humid weather, as this can encourage mould.
- Avoid pressurised water hoses, as these are too harsh on blind and awning fabrics. No steam cleaning or rotary brushes for the same reason.
- Avoid solvents that are not specifically made for the cleaning of awning fabric.
- Always allow your awnings and blinds to dry completely before retracting to their drawn position. This help avoid the growth of mould and mildew over time which will damage the fabric.
These simple tricks will allow you to have blinds and awnings that look amazing each and every day of the year.
If you find that your awnings are beyond repair, give our friendly team at Infinity Blinds a call today for great outdoor blinds in Melbourne, at amazing prices.